Sunday, October 23, 2011

Inconceivable!

School this week was one of those busy times.  It's halfway through the semester, and not only are we giving pressure to kids to get their grades up, but we're getting it from the top as well, for more of our kids to be passing.  Sometimes it feels like a catch-22, but I'm in the system, so I'm doing my best to make it work.

Just a brief update today.  The one moment this week that stands out was Friday morning.  Since we had an assembly that was going to keep me from even seeing my 2nd period, I chose a "lighter" assignment for the kids to accomplish.  I had each students choose a character from "The Crucible" and they had to create an imaginary Facebook page for them.  Simple, fun, creative, and a good place to be on homecoming Friday

The best part though, was when my 1st period asked if I could show them a Facebook page so they could model it.  I felt such was acceptable and so using the projector, I posted my Facebook profile for the class to see.  And of course I expected jeers and praise, especially for the awesome picture of T and I together.  In cast you've not seen it, it's the one on the left.

What I was NOT expecting was for Taelyn to be on Facebook that morning and in the middle of my trying to instruct my class, I get a message that begins: Hey Monkeybutt!"

Needless to say it was a fun day with a few awkward revelations.  Among them were the following: I'm teaching juniors.  Kayla is their age.  Taea is only FOUR years younger!  I cannot imagine how Eron must feel being her FATHER, when I want to scream when I hear these boys asking questions about My Squeaker!

Our vocabulary word Friday was Inconceivable.  More then fitting.

1 comment: